At the TRLD one session that I attended was with Kari Stubbs from Altec. She talked about the LoTi framework and did a good job describing the meaning of the 6 LoTi levels. I will try to list them here:
- Level 0-No use
- Level 1-Teacher Poductivity only
- Level 2-Students use technology to do the same thing they have always done (PPT, webpage, computer project to report back on facts learned)
- Level 3-Tool based applications used for some analysis, making inferences, drawing conclusions.
- Level 4a-Use of outside resouces aid teacher in developing challenging learning experiences using classroom computers.
- Level 4b-Teachers design challenging learning experiences using computers with no outside help. Students solve authentic problems using technology.
- Level 5-problem solving, issues resolution, student action-teacher role actively facilitating this kind of learning.
- Level 6-Computers are seamless and transparent. Used for problem solving and/or product development.