- http://wordle.com -Visual representation of information. Pulls out themes and lets us talk in a different way. For safety start on the second page. Print Screen and crop is the only way to save one.
- http://tagcloud.com Alphabet file linked.
- Creating a KMZ file with Google Earth.
- http://twitter.com After a year Twitter is her best professional development. She has developed a PD community where they share new things and encourage each other
- Story of son who wrote a paper on his cell phone and wrote three times as much as he would have with pencil and paper and it was higher quality. Done with tag cloud. YouTube-tutorials about how to do things. Help students navigate places like YouTube
- Media Converter http://www.mediaconverter.org-converts Youtube videos to a format you can use in MovieMaker or iMovie. Use images tied to vocabulary! really helps vocabulary learning.
- Podcasting-possibilities are endless.
- Classroom 2.0 NING Skype with people from the different states. 4th grade teacher that says they want to change everything. Tech Teacher.com (blog) Jon
- Moodle and Wikis
- Video Resume of a special ed student. amazing. Alternative assessment for Autistic Children
- Using Blogs in the classroom as a learning tool The tool used was Blackboard. Highlighting used as a way to show where student's writing needs to improve.
- Lord of the Flies-took up have of the fourth quarter. Used as final grade for the class. Kids worked in groups of three to create a scholarly article about the novel as viewed from a Freudian, Biblical, Maslows and another point of view. The kids had to create questions for the exam and the exam was an essay. The kids wanted to talk with each other and learn from each other
- Globalization (invisible, but real)
- It is all "connective"
You cannot do this with keeping your classroom walls up. The kids need to connect outside the classroom to do this. The culture of performance-from a private school in Seattle (Seattle Academy).
TIME????-Selectively abandoning certain things in your curriculum. Working with Words example-find things that you ALWAYS do. REthink homework. Turn more over to the kids.